Propane Service Technician
McCraw Propane is Hiring Propane Service Technicians for its Bonham, Texas, Location
- Excellent Pay & Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Family Work Environment
- Strong Training Program
- Safety Bonus
McCraw Propane means service. Since 1972, McCraw Oil (DBA McCraw Propane) has proudly served Texas and Oklahoma with quality fuel, lubricants, propane and related supplies. In fact, our roots date back to a simple one truck fuel operation in Bonham, Texas, founded in 1948. We are a leading regional supplier of residential/commercial propane, fuel, lubricants and chemicals operating 6 branches and serving thousands of customers annually.
At McCraw Oil, our mission is simple; every day and in every way, we strive to make our customers, team members, and communities better off for having known us. As we like to say, we “Leave ‘em better.”
Our propane service and installation technicians are responsible for representing our company on the road and at our customer’s locations. Technicians perform the installation, maintenance, diagnosis, and repair of various propane systems for residential and commercial customers. Our technicians are expected to provide a high level of customer satisfaction while ensuring that every system is safe and meets all regulatory standards.
- Be safe – We expect our technicians to have a good understanding of the importance of safety and what that means to our customers and to the company. Our technicians should always consider the impact on safety when making decisions and consistently model safe practices in all decision making.
- Customer service – We expect our technicians to makes customers their highest priority, second only to safety. We are looking for someone who is committed to meeting the needs of all customers; establishes rapport and engages customers in discussing all of their needs.
- Integrity – We expect our technicians to exhibit trustworthiness and demonstrates high professional and personal standards.
- Communication – We expect our technicians to listens and responds appropriately to others.
- Contributes to the success of our team – We expect our technicians to collaborates effectively with others and complete work efficiently to enable the team to meet deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive to customer sites daily and complete the requested service and/or installation requests safely and efficiently.
- Operate vehicles and machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete any required paperwork/invoicing for all work orders.
- Assist other technicians and/or drivers as needed.
- Troubleshoot, provide services and repairs, and maintain a variety of systems for residential and commercial customers.
- Resolve customer concerns or complaints in a professional and helpful manner.
- Perform inspections and leak testing of propane systems, certain propane appliances, and any other related equipment for the proper, safe function of the propane system.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Required federal, state and local licenses/permits/certifications for the work being performed. (We are willing to train and license the right person but full licensing is preferred.)
- Knowledge of propane along with the safe service and installation practices.
- Knowledge of operation of machinery (Mini-Excavator and Trencher) a plus.
- Ability to lift at least 75lbs.
Education and Experience Required:
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather and driving conditions.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, bending and climbing in and out of the truck.
- Participate in on-call rotations for night and weekend needs of our customers
- Class B CDL required; Hazmat and Tanker endorsements a plus.
Environmental conditions such as rain, mud, ice, snow, and uneven terrain will affect this job, as the employee spends most of the workday outdoors.